Senior Infants Work at Home – Week: June 22nd – June 26th 2020
Click the button below to see a social story about having a teams call with my teacher. This may be very useful for some children prior to joining a group call.
When books are being collected from the school at the prescribed times for each class level during the week beginning Jan 11th, each pupil will receive a username and password which will allow them access to Microsoft Office365 – this online resource will allow each child access a range of Microsoft features such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (email) and Microsoft Teams.
The following video shows how to join a Microsoft Teams meeting:
Hi to all the boys and girls in Senior Infants.
We know that you are probably all so excited that we will be getting our summer holidays from school on Friday! You have all been working so hard at home and trying your best .We are very proud of each and every one of you!
We have some fun activities for you for this week that you can try at home.
If you would like to do some writing and colouring, pick some page in one of your workbooks that you have not yet done and you can do that
Fun Reading Ideas. That You Can Try
- Read a book outside
- Read a book to someone on the phone
- Read a book while sitting under a tree
- Read a book in your pyjamas
- Read a book to your teddy / doll.
- Read your favourite book again.
Draw a Summer Picture
Draw and colour in pictures of all the wonderful things that summer brings e.g. sun shining in the sky, beautiful colourful flowers blooming in the garden, playing at the beach, eating ice cream , playing in the paddling pool, bees and butterflies flying around, playing in the park …etc.
- Lie down on the grass. Feel the grass between your toes. Look up at the clouds and can you see any cloud shapes?
- Lie on your back on the floor/grass/ carpet and place a teddy on your tummy. Breathe in and out slowly. Look at how your teddy rises and falls when you breathe.
- Draw a picture of all the things that make you happy.
This is a little prayer that you might like to say at home with your family
Thank you God for the world so sweet
Thank you God for the food we eat.
Thank you God for the birds that sing.
Thank you God , for everything!
- Obstacle course: make up your own obstacle course using things from around the house.
- Welly toss: put down a marker and stand behind it. Throw a welly as far as you can. Mark where it landed. Can you throw further next time?
- Bike ride: get out your bike/scooter/skates and go out and explore!
- Egg and spoon race: get a big spoon and a boiled egg or a potato. Practice walking/running as fast as you can to the finish line!!! Can you race against someone at home?
- Walk: go on a fun walk with your family. Where could you go? Could you take a picnic?
- Imagination fun: make up your own game that you and your family can play!!! What could you use? Balls, sticks, rackets, ropes etc. Be creative and have fun!!!
The following are a list of virtual tours that the children can visit.
Copy and paste any of the links into Google and go on an adventure!
We hope you enjoy them and would love to hear about what you saw at our Teams meeting during the week.
Chester Zoo https://www.chesterzoo.org/virtual-zoo/
San Diego Zoo https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/?mod=article_inline