Senior Infants Work at Home – Week: April 20th – April 25th 2020
Senior Infants Homework from Mon. 20th April to Fri. 24th April.
- Jolly phonics Sounds: Revise all sounds in word bag. Please ensure that your child knows the correct name of each letter as well as the sound it makes.
New sound – er ( Ask your child to think of words that have er in them – e.g. river, toaster, her, finger etc)
- Tricky Words: : These words need to be learnt as sight words i.e. when your child sees these words he/she needs to say the word immediately. Revise all tricky words in wordbag every night.
Mon. & Tues: New word : more Wed.& Thurs: New word: before
The new tricky words could be written on a piece of paper similar to the others.
- Blending List: write the words in your child’s homework copy
Word Box 12a: BLEND (sound out/read) & SEGMENT (stretch out)
Monday: Words: such, chimp, bunch
Tuesday: Words ‘this, shot, them,
Wednesday: Words ‘ rush, then,
Thursday: Words ‘cloth, chat,
Blending is an important skill for reading. Segmenting is an important
Skill for writing. When reading the words with your child, encourage
Your child to say ‘b-u-n-ch ….. bunch’.
Writing Activities for the week:
Maths Oral Work: Weight. Compare every day objects……which is heavier / lighter?
Find something that weighs the same as _____ / lighter than______.
Monday: Cracking Maths pge..32
Just Handwriting pg.52 (Capital P)
Grow in Love pge 46
Tuesday: Sounds make words pg.70
Cracking Maths pge.33
Wednesday: Sounds make Words pge. 71
Just Handwriting pg.53 (Capital B)
Thursday: Pupils Phonics Book 2 pg.15
Grow In Love pg 47
Friday: Pupils Phonics Book 2 pg.17
Grow In Love pg 48
Mrs Kelleher Senior Infants
Monday: Cracking Maths pg. 104
Just Handwriting pg. 40
Tuesday: Sounds Make Words pg. 64
Cracking Maths pg. 105
Wednesday: Sounds Make Words pg.65
Just Handwriting pg. 41
Thursday: Cracking Maths pg. 106
Grow In Love pg. 42
Friday: Sounds Make Words pg. 66
Grow in Love pg. 43
Revise Hey Diddle Diddle – identify tricky words. Point at the words in the rhyme and try to say each word (try blending any unknown word).
Dear Parents. It would be wonderful if you had a look at what your child would have been learning in ‘Grow in Love’ at this time. By following the link below you will be able to see fantastic engaging videos, art ideas and music that go with each lesson. We wish you and your family every blessing during this COVID19 period. To access the online material log on to: www.growinlove.ie with the following details:
- PE, Ball games – can you play football/hurling/basketball/tennis in your garden? Try a GoNoodle/Joe Wicks activity every day!
- Outside (Back garden)-plant flowers, become an explorer, have a teddy bear picnic, make an obstacle course
- Inside – do a jigsaw, read to a special teddy bear, paint, draw, play with lego, make playdough, sing a song
- Household- help at home! Clean your room, help dust, keep an eye on the recycling, help put away the shopping