12 February 2021
The school is pro-active in promoting best practice, to minimise risk to pupils, staff, parents/guardians and visitors. We are in frequent contact with the HSE and Department of Education and are updated with their expert advice.
Health Promoting Strategies in our School
• Effective handwashing technique is demonstrated to all pupils.
• Education around reducing the spread of germs and infections e.g. correct sneezing and coughing protocols.
• Hand sanitisers in all classrooms and public areas.
• Display of Awareness Raising Charts/Posters throughout the school.
• Regular briefing meetings with school cleaning and caretaking staff.
• Frequent disinfection of door/toilet handles.
• Cleaning classroom tables.
• All children and staff will sanitise hands on arrival in school each morning and regularly during the day.
Parents/Guardians, we ask for your support and co-operation in the following ways:
• Please do not congregate when bringing children to and from school, face masks must be worn at all times.
• Pupils are advised to self-isolate or restrict their movements at home if they display any signs or symptoms of Covid-19 and contact their family doctor to arrange a test.
• Pupils are advised not to return to or attend school in the event of the following:
• If they are identified by the HSE as a close contact of a confirmed case of Covid-19
• If they live with someone who has symptoms of the virus.
• If they have travelled outside of Ireland, in such instances staff are advised to consult and follow latest Government advice in relation to foreign travel.
• You are advised to co-operate with and public health officials and the school for contact tracing purposes and follow any public health advice in the event of a case or outbreak in the school.
• Ensure that your child brings a pack of tissues to school with him/her each day.
Working together as a school community, we will promote a healthy and safe environment for all. Thank you for your continued co-operation and support on this urgent matter.
Yours in Education,
Donal O’ Shea