Class Life – 2nd Class
General Information & Communication
Class teachers for the school year 2022/2023 are: TBC
- LABEL ALL YOUR CHILD’S BELONGINGS!
- Parents can contact teachers for any class queries by sending a message via email:
- For administration queries, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- School starts at 8:50am
- School finishes for Junior Infant class at 1:30pm.
- Small break: 10.XXam – 10.XXam
- Big breaks: 12.XXpm – 1.XXpm
- Wear runners each day as we do a lot of physical activities. No laces please.
- We are a Green School so all rubbish and food waste from your child’s lunch goes home.
- Our school is a Health Promoting school. We encourage children to bring healthy lunches with a small treat allowed on a Friday. Pack a lunch, not a picnic!
- Homework should take no longer than 15-20 minutes.
- It must be checked and signed each night by a parent.
- Children typically will get on small piece of written homework (phonics or maths).
- They can also practice sounds, blending and our rhymes.
- Later in the year we send home sight words. These are words which need to be learned and cannot be sounded out.
- We have no standardised testing for junior infants but we regularly carry out teacher designed assessments and teacher observation. We work closely with our SET teachers to monitor children’s progress.