Class Life – 6th Class
General Information & Communication
Class teachers for the school year 2022/2023 are: TBC
- Parents can contact teachers for any class queries by sending a message via email:
- For administration queries, please send them to email@example.com
- School starts at 8:50am
- School finishes for Sixth class at 2:30pm.
- Small break: 10.XXam – 10.XXam
- Big breaks: 12.XXpm – 1.XXpm
- Homework should take no longer than 20- 30 minutes.
- It must be checked and signed each night by a parent.
- Please ensure homework headings are written up in advance, the children will be able to do this.
- Oral work should be checked nightly – reading/spellings/tables
- The child should be asked to spell each spelling word aloud. The child should read the library book aloud to an adult and discuss content. The child should be asked tables each night.
- In class assessment: teacher designed tests and tasks
- Friday spellings and tables test- these tests must be signed weekly.
- Informal teacher observations
- Self-assessment practices
- Standardised tests: children will do the SIGMA-T (Maths) and Drumcondra (English) tests at the end of the year.