Class Life – 1st Class
General Information & Communication
- Parents can contact teachers for any class queries by sending a message via email:
- For administration queries, please send them to email@example.com
- Small break: 10.XXam – 10.XXam
- Big breaks: 12.XXpm – 1.XXpm
- Homework should take no longer than XX- XX minutes.
- It must be checked and signed each night by a parent.
- Oral work should be checked nightly – reading/spellings/tables
The child should be asked to spell each spelling word aloud. The child should read the library book aloud to an adult and discuss content. The child should be asked tables each night.
- In class assessment: teacher designed tests and tasks
- Friday spellings and tables test- these tests must be signed weekly.
- Busy at Maths termly maths assessments
- Standardised tests: children will do the SIGMA-T (Maths) and Drumcondra (English) tests at the end of the year.