5th Class Work at Home – Week: May 25th – May 29th 2020
- Correct Master Your Maths [answers below]
- Revise Multiplication & Division tables (topmarks.com)
- Revise Maths Notes copy
Maths questions for this week:
|· Prime number- no factors except itself and 1. Examples 2, 5, 11, 19
· 3rd square number = 3 squared= 9
· 10th square number = 10 squared = 100
· Triangular numbers = 1 +2+3+4+5+6+7+7
· So 1st triangular number is 1, 2nd triangular number is 1+2= 3…etc
· 10mm = 1 cm, 29mm= 2cm 9mm = 2.9 cm
- Revise Irish Notes copy
- Scéal an Lae: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwspl08EtkY&list=PLbcLsUBW9b3AsknOKbR0-K_No4maqeKBB&index=4 Listen to the story and pick out words/phrases you understand. Don’t worry if you don’t understand the whole story.
- Duolingo website/App – for extra Gaeilge practice
- As we are finished Am Don Léamh we are going to look at short stories from another book.
- Léigh ‘Litir Cuig Cara Pinn’ & ‘Cluiche Ceannais na hÉireann’ agus freagair na ceisteanna. [Read & answer the questions]
- Continue to read each day
- Novel: ‘Holes’ by Louis Sachar. Available online here: http://www.hayatschool.com/kuwait/articles/Holes_by_Louis_Sachar1.pdf
- Read pages 22- 35 of ‘Holes’ [Chapter 10 to the end of chapter 17]
- Answers these questions orally.
- What do you think about Mr. Pandanski’s reaction to Stanley’s find? Do you think it is strange?
- If you attended Camp Green Lake, what nickname would you give yourself and why?
- Why is Stanley surprised that X-Ray is the leader of the group?
- Describe Stanley’s second find.
- How does Stanley try to protect Mr. Pandanski?
- How does the warden threaten Mr. Pandanski?
- Why does X-Ray not speak to Stanley about the tube at breakfast time?
- What changes does the warden make after X-Ray’s find?
- In your opinion what kind of person is the warden?
- How does Stanley get injured?
- Unit 32 Learning and all activities.
*Spelling test can be completed at the back of Spellbound book*
- Continue to keep a daily diary. It will be lovely to look back on this in years to come!
Topic: Energy & Power
- Read: Small World History Unit 15
- Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ-J91SwP8w
- Answer: Page 75 Activity A and B
- Page 75 Activity D- Pick 1 of the following 1, 2, or 3
Task: Expand a picture
- Cut an item from a magazine, newspaper or photograph.
- Stick it on a sheet of paper and design a picture around it.
Here are some examples:
Lesson 1: Sing- along
Che Che Koolay is a folk song from Ghana in West Africa.
- It is a call and response What do you think this means?
- Listen to the music.
- Can you tap your toes and feel the pulse of the music?
- This song is in the Akan language. Can you learn the words?
- Can you teach this song to a younger/older brother or sister or to your parents!
Che Che Koolay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdp_Nj0tgk
Lesson 2: Listen to these songs.
- ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru0K8uYEZWw
- ‘Happy’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0m3Lfkzcw4
Can you make up your own dance moves to go with these upbeat songs?
*You can respond to these songs using last week’s ‘Music Journal Entry’ if you wish*
Keep exercising each day. Try this week’s challenge or come up with your own!
S.P.H.E. Complete these activities from ‘At Home with Weaving Wellbeing’
*Please email us if you have any questions or if you want to share children’s work*
|Ms. Murphy [Room 25]||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Murphy [Room 30]||email@example.com|