5th Class Work at Home – Week: May 18th – May 22nd 2020
- Correct Master Your Maths [answers below]
- Master Your Maths Week 30 Day 1-4 & Test [Ms. Murphy Room 25 & Mrs. Henderson]
- Murphy Room 30 https://www.primaryresources.co.uk/maths/docs/daily_division.xls
- Revise Multiplication & Division tables (topmarks.com)
- Revise Maths Notes copy
- Am Don Léamh pg. 62 & 63
- Revise Irish Notes copy
- Duolingo website/App – for extra Gaeilge practice
- Scéal an Lae: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiK4jmYJC4I&list=PLbcLsUBW9b3AsknOKbR0-K_No4maqeKBB&index=3 Listen to the story and pick out words/phrases you understand. Don’t worry if you don’t understand the whole story.
|Reading||· Continue to read each day
· Novel: ‘Holes’ by Louis Sachar. Available online here: http://www.hayatschool.com/kuwait/articles/Holes_by_Louis_Sachar1.pdf
· Read pages 11- 22 of ‘Holes’ [Chapter 7 to the end of chapter 9]
· Answers these questions orally.
1. What do the boys have to do in order to get a day off?
2. What does Madame Zeroni think of Myra Menke?
3. Do you think Elya moving to America is a good decision? Why?
4. Why do yellow-spotted lizards live in the holes?
5. Describe the ‘Wreck Room’.
6. Who is Caveman?
|Spellings||· Unit 31 Learning and all activities.
*Spelling test can be completed at the back of Spellbound book*
|Writing||· Continue to keep a daily diary. You can use last week’s template to help you.
· Would you like to travel to space? Write an essay based on this question. Remember this is your personal opinion so try to think of at least 3 or 4 reasons for your answer.
Topic: Outer Space
Task: Small World Geography/Science
- Read Chapter 20 Outer Space (Revise Chapter)
- Complete the following activities in your SESE copy
Pg. 115 Q1
The following are some informative video links from last week’s work;
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubnGwhcT6E The Milky Way
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkW54j82e9U&list=PLXB5R79dmFB4Tpajme1u_uU2Itgv32AwW&index=3 The Sun
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4ZHdzl6ZWg&list=PLXB5R79dmFB4Tpajme1u_uU2Itgv32AwW&index=2 The Moon
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd6nLM2QlWw&list=PLXB5R79dmFB4Tpajme1u_uU2Itgv32AwW&index=1 Our Solar System
Theme: Outer Space/ Rockets
Task: For this week’s art lesson we are combining construction, design, maths and science. We want you to design and create a rocket using materials from home e.g. paper, cardboard, toilet roll holders etc.
This link will give you some ideas and questions on how to construct and test the distance of your rocket;
Listen and respond to “Roar” by Katy Perry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW5SMrURVbM
Answer the following questions;
Music Journal Entry
Song Title:__________________________________________ By:______________________________________
This song is an example of which style e.g. classical, pop, rock etc.? ___________________________________________________
My first response to this recording was: __________________________________________________________________________________
The instruments I hear are: __________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-__
After listening to this recording, I (circle one):
Love it Like it Don’t like it Want to listen again Why?:______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Free Write Reflection: Here are some ideas for your reflection: Does this song make you think of a time in your life, a specific person, another song? Does this song make you feel something? Have you heard this song before, or know something about it or the artist that you’d like to share? This section is for you to reflect on any thoughts or connections you may have with this song being played and whatever it makes you think of. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep exercising each day. Try this week’s challenge or come up with your own!
- Just for fun:
Blinded Lights dance challenge
An activity that you can do on your own or get members of your family involved J J
Guided meditation activities:
Master Your Maths Answers:
*Please email us if you have any questions or if you want to share children’s work*
|Ms. Murphy [Room 25]||email@example.com|
|Ms. Murphy [Room 30]||firstname.lastname@example.org|