2nd Class Work at Home – Week: Jan 11th – Jan 15th 2021
Click the button below to see a social story about having a teams call with my teacher. This may be very useful for some children prior to joining a group call.
When books are being collected from the school at the prescribed times for each class level during the week beginning Jan 11th, each pupil will receive a username and password which will allow them access to Microsoft Office365 – this online resource will allow each child access a range of Microsoft features such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (email) and Microsoft Teams.
The following video shows how to join a Microsoft Teams meeting:
· Comparing and Ordering: pg.67-71 – complete one page per day.
· Use this video to revise greater than and less than:
Master Your Maths:
· Week 14 – pg.32 and 33
· Complete one column each night and Week 14 Test at the back of the workbook on Friday.
Tables: Skip Counting in 2s (2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20).
Additional Maths Worksheet
Please engage in revision of Maths by using the IXL Website – Second Class –
Section A Counting and Number Patterns
This will revise skip counting, the number line, odd and even numbers the hundred square and counting in a fun and engaging way. https://ie.ixl.com/math/class-2
See link below for mental maths games: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/mental-maths
Spelling Made Fun
- Learn 4 spellings each night and put them into sentences in English Copy (please write the date each day).
- Complete the activities in the book throughout the week.
- Core Reader: Read The Boy Who Cried Wolf – pg. 36-39.
- Starlight Skills Book: ‘The Boy Who Cried Wolf’
Complete activities on pg. 38 in a new page in English Copy. Write the Title and the date.
For folensonline you must sign up on website (free of charge) to view the workbooks online.
- Go to ie and click register
- Select Teacher
- Fill in a username, email and password
- For Roll Number use the code: Prim20 for primary book resources
- When logged in please follow the following steps
- Search Starlight 2nd Class
- Starlight 2nd Class Resources
- Starlight Combined Reading and Skills Book for ‘The Boy Who Cried Wolf’.
Duolingo is a free website that you can use to learn Gaeilge.
CÚLA 4 Ar Scoil is on daily at 10am on TG4.
Please continue to recite the prayers in preparation for the First Confession at the back of the Grow in Love book.
- The Confiter.
- Our Father
- Prayer for Forgiveness
- Prayer after Forgiveness
- Act of Sorrow
Please watch mass each Sunday and practice responses with the children.
Free Access to Grow in Love Online @ https://app.growinlove.ie/en/login
Use the following email and password
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: growinlove
S.E.S.E – Small World Book.
History Say Cheese p.39 –
- Make a Timeline of your life in Small World Copy you could include when you were born, when you started school, when you went into 2nd Class, when there was a pandemic etc..
- g. I was born —————— Started School —————————-Now ……… 2012 2017 2021
The Seaside p.40
John Barry p.41
P.E: Try and do 60 minutes of exercise each day.
P.E. with Joe Wicks https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyCLoPd4VxBsXs1WmPcektsQyFbXTf9FO
1 half of an orange/yellow paper plate
Orange & yellow card or colour white card various colours.
Crepe paper(rainbow colours) or coloured strips of paper
1. Draw a mouth and some eyes onto the paper plate.
2. Cut the triangles out of the yellow and orange card. Glue them onto the paper plate.
3. Glue the crepe paper onto the bottom of the half paper plate in a rainbow sequence.