1st Class Work at Home – Week: May 25th – May 29th 2020
- This week complete the next weekly test-continue on from last weekly test completed (Pgs 66-95).
- We encourage you to work on daily oral maths with your child. The following are a sample of questions that can be used for the week & adapted slightly each day:
-Is the number 54 odd or even?
-What number is 3 less than 23?
-Aisling has 5 cent. She would like to have 15 cent to buy an ice-cream cone. How much more does she need?
-2 tens and 8 units is the same as…..
-Are all circles the same size?
-What month comes before June?
-How many hours are there from 12 o’clock until 4 o’clock?
-Which is heavier: a plum or an orange?
-Count form 30 to 40.
- Revise all 9+ tables
- Maths around the house: this week pay particular attention to fractions. Establish and identify halves of sets up to 20.
- co.uk have excellent games online to help with revision of maths topics.
- Learn spellings from List 32.
- Revise next two sounds in hardback ‘Sounds Copy’-‘qu’ and ‘th’. Read over the words containing these sounds. Can your child think of more words containing these sounds.
- Continue to read with your child. Oxford reading tree books can be accessed on http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/. You can also continue to use the borrowbox app to download ebooks.
- Keep a daily diary of activities.
- Call out a sentence to your child & they can write it (dictation).
- Oral Language: Similar to last week, to help develop your child’s oral language, we recommend that you log onto the folens online website. The following steps will help:
- Select ‘Register’
- Select ‘Teacher’
- Fill in your name, email, a password & Roll number. For Roll number use the code: Prim20
- When logged in -inside ‘Search FolensOnLine’, search ‘Starlight 1st Class’
- Click on ‘Starlight 1st Class Resources’
- Go forward to page 14. Open the third last resource on this page ‘Poster-14. In the Kitchen’.
- There are 7 different activities to complete within this poster-Explore, Story 1, Story 2, Labelling, Questions, Poem & Activity.
- Please complete Poster 14 activities with your child over the next fortnight.
Cúla4 on TG4 provides plenty of Gaeilge programmes which children can watch to keep up their Gaeilge learning.
Grow in Love:
Similar to last week, to help you to continue religious education with your child, we encourage you to log onto the Grow in Love website. The following steps will help:
- Click on ‘Login’
- Enter: ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ as your email & ‘growinlove’ as your password
- Once you’ve logged in, click on First Class/P3
- Theme 9: Creation-Lesson 1: ‘ God made the world’
Ensure your child gets 15-20 minutes of physical exercise daily. Joe Wicks is continuing to do a live workout for kids on YouTube every morning at 9am. If you don’t have access to the internet you can still do PE (10 jumping jacks, 9 squats, 8 leap frogs…)
Art for kids hub channel on YouTube offers easy to follow drawing videos. Children could try a different drawing each day.
Continue watching School Hub on RTE @11am.