1st Class Work at Home – Week: June 8nd – June 12th 2020
Click the button below to see a social story about having a teams call with my teacher. This may be very useful for some children prior to joining a group call.
When books are being collected from the school at the prescribed times for each class level during the week beginning Jan 11th, each pupil will receive a username and password which will allow them access to Microsoft Office365 – this online resource will allow each child access a range of Microsoft features such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (email) and Microsoft Teams.
The following video shows how to join a Microsoft Teams meeting:
- This week complete Capacity pgs. 145 – 148 in Cracking Maths
- Revise doubles tables e.g 2+2, 3+3, etc.
- Maths around the house: this week pay particular attention to capacity. Estimate, compare, measure and record capacity using non-standard units. Select and use appropriate non-standard measuring units and measurements e.g. cup, glass, etc. Then estimate, measure and record capacity using standard unit (the litre) and solve simple problems. Help your child to find things in the home measuring 1 litre (carton of milk, bottle of Fanta etc).
- co.uk have excellent games online to help with revision of maths topics.
- Revise next two sounds in hardback ‘Sounds Copy’-‘nt’ and ‘fr’. Read over the words containing these sounds. Can your child think of more words containing these sounds.
- Starlight Core Reader: Read The Incredible Giraffe pg. 32 – 35
Skills book: Complete pg. 34 -37
- Continue to read with your child. Oxford reading tree books can be accessed on http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/. You can also continue to use the borrowbox app to download ebooks.
- Keep a daily diary of activities.
- Call out a sentence to your child & they can write it (dictation).
- Oral Language: Similar to last week, to help develop your child’s oral language, we recommend that you log onto the folens online website. The following steps will help:
- Select ‘Register’
- Select ‘Teacher’
- Fill in your name, email, a password & Roll number. For Roll number use the code: Prim20
- When logged in -inside ‘Search FolensOnLine’, search ‘Starlight 1st Class’
- Click on ‘Starlight 1st Class Resources’
- Go forward to page 13. Open the third last resource on this page ‘Poster-15. ‘Holidays & Camping’.
- There are 7 different activities to complete within this poster-Explore, Story 1, Story 2, Labelling, Questions, Poem & Activity.
- Please complete Poster 15 activities with your child this week.
- Céim ar Chéim pg. 52 – 55
- Duolingo is a free website that you can use to learn Gaeilge.
- CÚLA 4 Ar Scoil is available at 10am on TG4.
Ensure your child gets 15-20 minutes of physical exercise daily. Joe Wicks is continuing to do a live workout for kids on YouTube every morning at 9am. If you don’t have access to the internet you can still do PE (10 jumping jacks, 9 squats, 8 leap frogs…)
Check out the Primary Aquatic Water Safety website for ideas on how to teach your child about water safety.
Grow in Love:
Similar to last week, to help you to continue religious education with your child, we encourage you to log onto the Grow in Love website. The following steps will help:
- Click on ‘Login’
- Enter: ‘email@example.com’ as your email & ‘growinlove’ as your password
- Once you’ve logged in, click on First Class/P3
- Theme 10: Grow in Love-Lesson 1: ‘ Living in Love’
Complete corresponding pages in the Grow in Love workbook pg. 52 & 53
Art for kids hub channel on YouTube offers easy to follow drawing videos. Children could try a different drawing each day.
Go on Pinterest and search summer art activities for kids. Try making things out of materials found at home e.g. grass, pebbles, sand, toilet rolls, etc.