1st Class Work at Home – Week: June 2nd – June 5th 2020
Click the button below to see a social story about having a teams call with my teacher. This may be very useful for some children prior to joining a group call.
When books are being collected from the school at the prescribed times for each class level during the week beginning Jan 11th, each pupil will receive a username and password which will allow them access to Microsoft Office365 – this online resource will allow each child access a range of Microsoft features such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (email) and Microsoft Teams.
The following video shows how to join a Microsoft Teams meeting:
Cracking Maths, Starlight Skills Book, Grow in Love and any other books belonging to 1sr class children will be available for collection from Scoil Ghobnatan on Wednesday 3rd June from 12:30 -1:30
- This week complete Ordinal Numbers & Check-up pgs. 122 – 125 in Cracking Maths
- Revise all 10+ tables
- Maths around the house: this week pay particular to ordinal numbers; arrange toys in a row, ‘Which toy is 1st, 2nd, last, etc’
- co.uk have excellent games online to help with revision of maths topics.
- Revise next two sounds in hardback ‘Sounds Copy’-‘bl’ and ‘ss’. Read over the words containing these sounds. Can your child think of more words containing these sounds.
- Starlight Core Reader: Read Chapter Animals Are Amazing 28-31
Complete exercises in Skills book pg. 30 -33
- Continue to read with your child. Oxford reading tree books can be accessed on http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/. You can also continue to use the borrowbox app to download ebooks.
- Keep a daily diary of activities.
- Call out a sentence to your child & they can write it (dictation).
- Oral Language: Similar to last week, to help develop your child’s oral language, we recommend that you log onto the folens online website. The following steps will help:
- Select ‘Register’
- Select ‘Teacher’
- Fill in your name, email, a password & Roll number. For Roll number use the code: Prim20
- When logged in -inside ‘Search FolensOnLine’, search ‘Starlight 1st Class’
- Click on ‘Starlight 1st Class Resources’
- Go forward to page 14. Open the third last resource on this page ‘Poster-14. In the Kitchen’.
- There are 7 different activities to complete within this poster-Explore, Story 1, Story 2, Labelling, Questions, Poem & Activity.
- Please complete Poster 14 activities with your child over the next fortnight.
Céim ar Chéim pg. 48 – 51
Cúla4 on TG4 provides plenty of Gaeilge programmes which children can watch to keep up their Gaeilge learning.
Grow in Love:
Similar to last week, to help you to continue religious education with your child, we encourage you to log onto the Grow in Love website. The following steps will help:
- Click on ‘Login’
- Enter: ‘email@example.com’ as your email & ‘growinlove’ as your password
- Once you’ve logged in, click on First Class/P3
- Theme 9: Creation-Lesson 2: ‘ God made us…We are special’
Complete corresponding pages in the Grow in Love workbook pg. 50 & 51
Ensure your child gets 15-20 minutes of physical exercise daily. Joe Wicks is continuing to do a live workout for kids on YouTube every morning at 9am. If you don’t have access to the internet you can still do PE (10 jumping jacks, 9 squats, 8 leap frogs…)
Go on Pinterest and search summer art activities for kids. Try making things out of materials found at home e.g. grass, pebbles, sand, toilet rolls, etc.
Continue watching School Hub on RTE @11am.