1st Class Work at Home – Week: June 22nd – June 26th 2020
Click the button below to see a social story about having a teams call with my teacher. This may be very useful for some children prior to joining a group call.
When books are being collected from the school at the prescribed times for each class level during the week beginning Jan 11th, each pupil will receive a username and password which will allow them access to Microsoft Office365 – this online resource will allow each child access a range of Microsoft features such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (email) and Microsoft Teams.
The following video shows how to join a Microsoft Teams meeting:
As it’s coming to the end of the school year, this week would have been packed with fun outdoor activities. Try some of the following activities at home this week:
- We suggest that you take your favourite book outside and read to your teddy.
- Make an obstacle course. Get creative and use things from the house; an egg/potato and spoon race, hopscotch on the footpath
- Go on nature walk. Can you spot three different types of trees and a variety of birds and wildlife. Look up birdwatchireland.ie to help you identify the birds in your locality, treecouncil.ie have lots of information on the types of trees that grow in Ireland.
- Look up Twinkl for ideas on an eSports Day. Use code CVDTWINKLEHELPS for a free month when signing up.
- Draw with Don Conroy on Youtube offers a guide on drawing wildlife in Ireland for children.