1st Class Work at Home – Week: June 15th – June 19th 2020
Click the button below to see a social story about having a teams call with my teacher. This may be very useful for some children prior to joining a group call.
When books are being collected from the school at the prescribed times for each class level during the week beginning Jan 11th, each pupil will receive a username and password which will allow them access to Microsoft Office365 – this online resource will allow each child access a range of Microsoft features such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (email) and Microsoft Teams.
The following video shows how to join a Microsoft Teams meeting:
- This week complete Weight pgs. 152 – 155 in Cracking Maths
- Revise story of ten tables e.g. 4 + _ = 10, _+ 5 = 10.
- Maths around the house: this week pay particular attention to weight. Estimate, compare, measure and record weight using non-standard units e.g. heavier than tin of beans, lighter than a cereal box, etc. Then estimate, measure and record weight using standard unit (the kilogram) and solve simple problems. Help your child to find things in the home measuring 1 kg (bag of sugar, a bag of flour, etc).
- co.uk have excellent games online to help with revision of maths topics.
- Revise next two sounds in hardback ‘Sounds Copy’-‘cr’ and ‘gr’. Read over the words containing these sounds. Can your child think of more words containing these sounds.
- Starlight Core Reader: Read The Ant and The Grasshopper pg. 35 -39
Skills book: Complete pg. 38 -41
- Continue to read with your child. Oxford reading tree books can be accessed on http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/. You can also continue to use the borrowbox app to download ebooks.
- Keep a daily diary of activities.
- Call out a sentence to your child & they can write it (dictation).
- Oral Language: Similar to last week, to help develop your child’s oral language, we recommend that you log onto the folens online website. The following steps will help:
- Select ‘Register’
- Select ‘Teacher’
- Fill in your name, email,a password & Roll number. For Roll number use the code: Prim20
- When logged in -inside ‘Search FolensOnLine’, search ‘Starlight 1st Class’
- Click on ‘Starlight 1st Class Resources’
- Go forward to page 13. Open the third last resource on this page ‘Poster-15. Holidays and Camping’.
- There are 7 different activities to complete within this poster-Explore, Story 1, Story 2, Labelling, Questions, Poem & Activity.
- Please complete Poster 15 activities with your child over the next fortnight.
- Céim ar Chéim pg. 56 -61
- Duolingo is a free website that you can use to learn Gaeilge.
- CÚLA 4 Ar Scoil is available at 10am on TG4.
Change4Life and Disney have teamed up to bring you Shake Up games. These 10-minute bursts of fun will really get you moving and count towards the 60 active minutes every child needs every day!
Check out the Primary Aquatic Water Safety website for ideas on how to teach your child about water safety. https://www.teachpaws.ie/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3ujlxMDb6QIVzYntCh2rggIIEAEYASAAEgL62fD_BwE
Grow in Love:
Similar to last week, to help you to continue religious education with your child, we encourage you to log onto the Grow in Love website. The following steps will help:
- Click on ‘Login’
- Enter: ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ as your email & ‘growinlove’ as your password
- Once you’ve logged in, click on First Class/P3
- Theme 10: Grow in Love-Lesson 2: ‘ Growing in Love’
Make a birthday card/picture to celebrate Scoil Ghobnatan’s 50th birthday. You can drop the picture into the collection box in Dano’s Supervalu and it will be displayed in Mallow library this month.
Draw/colour/paint a picture of a camping trip you went on or would like to go on.