1st Class Work at Home – Week: April 27th – May 1st 2020
- Continue on with daily Master Your Maths-Week 28 (Pgs 60 & 61)
- We encourage you to work on daily oral maths with your child. The following are a sample of questions that can be used for the week & adapted slightly each day:
– What month is it? (What month was last month/next month?)
– What is the smallest number on the clock face?
– What number is 4 less than 9?
– Does an airplane fly above or below the road?
– What day comes before Friday?
-What day comes before Thursday?
-There were 8 frogs sitting on a wall. 3 frogs jumped off. How many frogs were left?
– When you go out your bedroom door, do you turn right or left to go to the kitchen?
– How many sides has a triangle?
- Revise all ‘ near doubles’ in tables (E.g: ‘near doubles’ for 3+3=6 is 3+4=7 & 3+2=5 )
- Maths around the house: this week pay particular attention to money-recognise, exchange & use coins up to the value of 50 cents; calculate and give change.
- co.uk have excellent games online to help with revision of maths topics.
- Continue with spellings & activities in workbook-List 28.
- Tricky Words: Revise all 72 tricky words in hardback ‘Sounds/Tricky Word Copy’. The words are pasted onto the back cover of your child’s copy. Encourage your child to say each tricky word quickly and to put each word into a sentence.
- Revise next two sounds in hardback ‘Sounds Copy’-‘ow’ and ‘ch’. Read over the words containing these sounds. Can your child think of more words containing these sounds.
- Continue to read with your child. Oxford reading tree books can be accessed on http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/. You can also continue to use the borrowbox app to download ebooks.
- Keep a daily diary of activities.
- Call out a sentence to your child & they can write it (dictation).
- Oral Language: To help develop your child’s oral language, we recommend that you log onto the folens online website. The following steps will help:
- Select ‘Register’
- Select ‘Teacher’
- Fill in your name, email , a password & Roll number. For Roll number use the code: Prim20
- When logged in -inside ‘Search FolensOnLine’, search ‘Starlight 1st Class’
- Click on ‘Starlight 1st Class Resources’
- Go forward to page 12. Open the third last resource on this page ‘Poster-12. The Sun’.
- There are 7 different activities to complete within this poster-Explore, Story 1, Story 2, Labelling, Questions, Poem & Activity.
- Please complete Poster 12 activities with your child over the next fortnight.
Duolingo is a free website that you can use to learn Gaeilge.
CÚLA 4 Ar Scoil is available at 10am on TG4.
Do at least 15 minutes of activity per day. Dance, play in the garden or try a workout from Gonoodle or YouTube.
Grow in Love:
To help you to continue religious education with your child, we encourage you to log onto the Grow in Love website. The following steps will help:
- Click on ‘Login’
- Enter: ‘email@example.com’ as your email & ‘growinlove’ as your password
- Once you’ve logged in, click on First Class/P3
- Theme 7: Holy Week & Easter-Please look at lesson 1: Jesus in Jerusalem & Lesson 2 Jesus is risen!
Make some junk art using recyclable rubbish (cereal boxes, egg cartons, toilet roll holders etc). You could make a rocket, a person, house, car or train.