1st Class Work at Home – Week: April 20th – April 25th 2020
First Class Scheme of Work: Monday 20th April-Friday 24th April
- Continue on with daily Master Your Maths-List 27 (Pgs 58 & 59).
- Revise all ‘doubles’ in tables (4 + 4 etc)
- Maths around the house: this week pay particular attention to time(1 hour and half hour intervals ). E.g: What is one hour after half past 4? Read day, date and month using calendar.
- co.uk have excellent games online to help with revision of maths topics.
- Continue with spellings & activities in workbook-Unit 27
- Revise first two sounds in hardback ‘Sounds Copy’-‘ck’ and ‘wh’. Read over the words containing these sounds. Can your child think of more words containing these sounds.
- Continue to read with your child. Oxford reading tree books can be accessed on http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/. You can also continue to use the borrowbox app to download ebooks.
- Keep a daily diary of activities.
- Call out a sentence to your child & they can write it (dictation).
In First Class your child begins the process of becoming an emergent, independent reader & writer. Do as much reading as possible with your child. Writing daily in their ‘diary’ would be most beneficial, trying to incorporate tricky words & possibly new spellings they are presently learning.
Ensure your child gets 15-20 minutes of physical exercise daily. Joe Wicks is continuing to do a live workout for kids on YouTube every morning at 9am. If you don’t have access to the internet you can still do PE (10 jumping jacks, 9 squats, 8 leap frogs…)
Grow in Love:
There are lovely suggestions on the Grow in Love website www.growinlove.ie for you to continue religious education with your child.
Art for kids hub channel on YouTube offers easy to follow drawing videos. Children could try a different drawing each day.
RTEHomeSchool is continuing at 11am daily or you can watch it on the RTE Player anytime. All the resources from the programme are available at rte.ie/learn.